Favorite Muggleborns headcanons (1/?)
so apparently people talk to their pets in baby voices, but when i see my cat i’m just like ‘hey brad’ and he’s like ‘meow’ and the conversation is over.
I don’t know why but for some reason the fact that your cat’s name is brad is hilarious to me
man you know what I want? a superhero series where they have powers that 100% contradict their personalities. a fishermans daughter who lives by the sea, swims every day, learns that she can control fire. a boy who’s mortified of heights but realizes he can use antigravity and hates it. someone who was bitten by a dog as a child, suffers extreme fear around animals, can now communicate with them. they’re all disgusted by their powers.
write a book
Great scene, and based on an actual historical incident in medieval Germany:
When King Conrad III defeated the Duke of Welf (in the year 1140) and placed Weinsberg under siege, the wives of the besieged castle negotiated a surrender which granted them the right to leave with whatever they could carry on their shoulders. The king allowed them that much. Leaving everything else aside, each woman took her own husband on her shoulders and carried him out. When the king’s people saw what was happening, many of them said that that was not what had been meant and wanted to put a stop to it. But the king laughed and accepted the women’s clever trick. “A king” he said, “should always stand by his word.”
Medieval women were BAMFs.
Anyone who dismisses her as eye candy didn’t watch the same movie I did, and ought to go sit in a corner and think about their misogyny.
I mean, god, it’s the little things. That “who do you want me to be?” she asks Steve while they’re in the car is just so raw. This is a woman whose entire life has been defined by ‘who do you want me to be?’ and so she falls back on it because she has nothing else left. And Steve doesn’t buy into the trap and just says “how about a friend?”
And god, her face when she thought Nick Fury was dying. The sheer level of silent devastation she’s trying not to show and failing.
I just cannot get seeing this moving and not seeing Natasha. Because if you just dismiss her as eye candy, that’s what you’re doing (I’m looking at you, several male reviewers).
Today’s list of standout Natasha moments (it varies):
- Reaction to Nick’s death.
- Reaction to NIck’s not being dead (she looks so wounded under the physical pain and confusion).
- Suiting up and infiltrating the WSC meeting with Pierce with a gunshot wound to her shoulder.
- Speaking of that, saving their asses shortly after getting said GSW, using a heavy piece of equipment even while she could barely stand.
- Using the widow’s bite on herself.
- That moment where she pauses to gird her emotional loins before she respond’s to Pierce’s jab about the world seeing her as she is (which it wouldn’t, because of course who she is and how she is is not what she’s done).
- The steely-eyed, contained anger bubble gum snap. (Most bad-ass use of bubble gum ever.)
#scarlett johansson is a remarkably pretty woman#and it continues to piss me off that basically as soon as she turned 18#that was all reviewers could see about her#even though by that age she’d already proven herself to be a damn good actress as well#and it’s not like her talent had an expiration date#the moment she was a legal adult